Monday, July 16, 2012

Our Third Week in Kenya

A lot has happened in just over one week.  Once we got back from Mombasa, I taught the children the bible story about Jonah and the Big Fish.  It was quite an enjoyable experience and I look forward to my next story this week.  The children are one of the most attentive groups I've ever seen, especially the small ones.  They're so smart and I just pray for more opportunities to come back and work with them some more in the future.

The rest of the week was just a whirlwind of games, crafts, activities, and home improvement projects (we finished the garden!). We've all grown attached to the children and are having a hard time thinking about leaving them.  We've been trying to remind them that we're leaving this weekend for BDI in Uganda, but we aren't sure they quite understand.  It'll be a painful thing, leaving.  I need to continue to remind myself that Uganda is a new beginning, another place where we can do some good for another group of children.  But I've made a vow to myself that I will try my hardest to return to LDO at this time next year, if the Lord is willing.   It was in His plan to lead me here with the others on the team this summer, so I just need to see if another trip is in His plan for me next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment