Monday, July 16, 2012

Saturday, June 24

My husband got back to my mother and stepdad's home in Florida safe and sound from Switzerland, where he was for the first summer semester of his PhD program.  Sunday morning, he emailed me to tell me that one of our beloved dogs, Big Head Red, was dying of lymphoma.  My mother, stepdad, and aunt had tried everything to get him to eat but BHR had lost the will to live.  Thankfully, he held out until my husband got home and said goodbye. BHR died a few hours after my husband emailed me on Sunday, at the age of 16. He was buried next to his brothers on my mother's property.  I wish I could've been there to say goodbye and hug him, but I thank God for the 13 wonderful years I had with him.  Especially the last three we had together in Utah.

My Sweet Biggie, you're free to go chase rabbits and UPS trucks over the rainbow.  We'll always love you and you'll be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment