Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dear Reader,

Welcome! I'm doing this blog so you and my other supporters can keep up with the fundraising efforts for my mission trip to Africa with Operation Deaf Orphans.  This blog will also give me the opportunity to share stories and pictures of my upcoming months in Kenya and Uganda with you! 

If you're unfamiliar with my mission trip and its purpose, please go to the tab titled "The Mission," on the top of this page.  If you want to donate, please see the other tab titled "How to Donate," also on the top of this page. 

A brief update on my fundraising efforts: Thanks to generous donations from beloved friends and family (you know who you are!) I've been able to raise a little over $1,000 for this mission.  However, my goal is $4,000-$5,000 to help cover my plane tickets to and from Africa (half of the cost!), room/board, and transportation within Kenya and Uganda.  While I'm thrilled beyond words and incredibly blessed to have gotten the donations I did, I still need more support.  Please help spread the word of this to your friends, family, church, coworkers, etc.

If I'm able to raise the $4,000-$5,000 I need for this mission, I have already determined that I will live as frugally as I can during my time in Africa so that any funds left over will go to the Boanerges Deaf Initiative and Lance's Deaf Orphans, the two institutions we will be working with.

The deadline for PayPal donations is July 20, 2012.  The deadline is the same for mailing checks to my mother's house.  I will still be accepting donations while I'm in Africa, since I only have less than a month to go and only $1,000 dollars (which will go towards the cost of my plane ticket).  However, for donating through the Operation Deaf Orphans website, the deadline is May 10th. 

Please check in with me often, as I will try to update my blog whenever I can!  To make it easier on yourself, you can follow this blog by email and receive notifications whenever I post a new blog. 

Big hugs to you and God Bless!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment