Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Our Bunkhouse at LDO, in Kenya

Hello my lovelies!

OK, maybe that greeting's a little creepy.  I won't do it again, promise.

I have some more details on the mission trip but first, I want to let you know that I'm open to any questions you have about the mission.  If there are enough questions, I'll put together a page for FAQs.  You can either email me your questions (aukaukism@gmail.com), comment on my blog, or on my Facebook page.


First of all, the plan for our sleeping arrangements in Kenya (LDO) is for us to stay at the orphanage as opposed to staying at a hotel or an apartment in town.  Lance McWilliams (of Lance's Deaf Orphans) and his team arranged for a guesthouse to be built at the orphanage and put in 8 bunkbeds for us.  This is really a huge blessing as it will save us a lot of money AND the orphanage will always have a guesthouse for their visitors and future missionaries.  We'll be able to be with the children throughout the month and have the opportunity to get a taste of what life really is like for the kids at LDO.

Alex and Alexa posted pictures of the guesthouse on their blog, it looks fantastic! *Disclaimer* I stole the pictures off ODO's website...sorry, Alex 'n' Alexa.  To see the blog where these pictures were originally featured, please go to http://www.odeafo.blogspot.com/

The inside of the finished dwelling.  Sealed with concrete. The bunk beds will be added shortly.

I'm quite excited about this, it'll be nice to actually live like the people do at LDO and get the full experience.  I think this experience will let us grow a deeper connection to the children and people of LDO.  Thank you to Lance and his team of builders for putting this together!  Praise the Lord.

God Bless,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome!!! I'm so very jealous of you for having this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never too late! You and your baby can do something like this when s/he's older. :)

    ReplyDelete